Our technical support team is happy to help you with any questions you may have about our products or technologies.
Our regional offices and dedicated AV experts are at your disposal and would happily assist you finding the most suitable solution for your AV project.
Simply choose your location and get in touch with your Lightware partner today.
Our dedicated Lightware experts are ready to discuss the needs of your AV projects!
Lightware’s technical support team is always working hard to provide the fastest support possible. Our team’s response time is one of the best in the industry and in the toughest of cases we can directly consult with the hardware or software engineer who designed the product to get the information from the most reliable source.
The Support Team’s Activities Include:
- Pre-sales advices
- Reviewing system designs
- Consulting about installation and usage issues
- Handling product failures and repairs through RMA service process
How To Speed Up The Troubleshooting Process?
The troubleshooting process can be even faster… with your help. You are our eyes and ears in the field, we work with what you give us. Please remember that many things that seem evident to you, aren’t evident for us. Imagine us looking through a keyhole where we see only what you bring to the other side of the door.
Based on many years of support experience we have compiled a list of the most relevant information that allows us to find the root cause of the problem in the shortest amount of time. If we receive most of this information in the first e-mail or it is gathered at the time when you call us, then there is a pretty high chance that we will be able to respond with the final solution right away.
This Information Is The Following:
- Schematic - a pdf version is preferred, but a hand drawing is sufficient.
- Serial numbers of the devices - it is either printed somewhere on the box or you can query it in the Lightware Device Controller software or on the built-in website of the device.
- Firmware versions of the devices - please note that the device may have multiple CPUs or controllers and we need to know all of their firmware versions, sending a screenshot is the most efficient way.
- Cable lengths and types - in our experience the vast majority of problems are caused by bad cabling.
- Patch panels, gender changers or anything else in the signal path that can affect signal transmission.
- Signal type - DVI / HDMI / VGA / DisplayPort, resolution, refresh rate, color space, deep color, etc.
- Emulated EDID(s) - please save them as files and send them to us.
- Actions to take in order to re-create the problem in our office - if we cannot reproduce the problem on our side, it is hard for us to find the cause and fix it.
- Photo or video about the problem - ‘image noise’ can mean many different things, it’s better if we see what you see.
- Error logs - you can download them using the Lightware Device Controller software.
- Event Manager file - export it using the Lightware Device Controller software.
- Provide TeamViewer access - you can schedule a convenient time with one of our support engineers and we can take a look at the problem remotely.
The more of the above information you can give us the better.We are looking forward to working with you!
Lightware Support Team