Expand, Extend and Exist Securely
Lightware equipment can be easily configured to directly communicate with CISCO collaboration room systems: our open API environment makes it possible that every bit of data is openly available for higher level management, monitoring and control applications.
CISCO rooms offer high-fidelity audio and video and rich functionality for an immersive collaboration experience. To enhance these video conference systems with full control using the CISCO provided touch panel, most AV systems require a third party control system to be installed. However, this is not the case when the AV signal management is performed by Lightware devices enhanced with the built-in Event Manager room control feature.
Watch the live demonstration video of our CISCO integration at InfoComm US:
How can adding a single Lightware device extend and expand the features and capabilities of your CISCO room, and exist securely within this integrated system?
EXPAND video switching related options in the CISCO ecosystem:
- Most CISCO Room Kits have only one or two HDMI inputs. A Lightware switch can add multiple inputs, and formats such as Display Port, DVI, VGA and USB-C: No more need for dongles!
- Add GPIO control to any CISCO room system for relay control of lights, screens and shades, and trigger inputs from motion detectors
- Make the real-time input availability of sources visible on the Touch 10 touch screen, and use it to trigger events
- Any Lightware switch with built-in Event Manager room control is compatible with the family of compatible with CISCO room codecs
EXTEND the capabilities of CISCO systems:
- Use Lightware TPS (HDBaseTTM) and fiber optical transmitters to extend connectivity to the codec from the meeting table or from another room
- Use Autoselect mode to automatically switch the last connected source to the codec’s input
- Use multiple Lightware switches or matrix routers for large rooms with multiple sources and multiple displays
EXIST SECURELY in active bi-directional communication:
- Use the CISCO management software to monitor the active status of connected Lightware products. Most end-users do not want separate AV software just to manage the AV gear exclusively, they rather prefer the complete CISCO solution
- Lightware sends a ‘heartbeat’: when signal is lost, the CISCO software can proactively alert IT personnel about the problem, long before users would notice
- Lightware uses serial-to-USB connection for secure control, while TCP/IP connection is also an available alternative
The Lightware Advantage in your CISCO Room
- No third party control processor needed! Other systems typically require a controller solution in addition to the video switch, while Lightware does not, it works natively, plug-and-play
- No sophisticated custom programming! Lightware’s built-in Event Manager room control technology makes it easy to deploy
- Easy to scale: configuration files can be batch-loaded over the network for large, system-wide installs
Lightware's CISCO room enhancement is really easy to deploy with the help of the easy-to-follow installation notes and user manuals. In case you are interested in more technical details and know-how, please download this white paper including more in-depth technical descriptions:
Cisco Touch 10 with
Add a Lightware device with Event Manager to your Cisco Telepresence kit to get local and remote multiport inputs and room automation control, and manage everything from the system’s native touch panel.
The Lightware Advantage in your Cisco Room
Control Media Devices
A single smart extender or matrix router can enhance your Cisco configuration with multiport input options for remote and local sources.
Easy integration of built-in room control including lights, screens, projectors and other elements.
Control connected media devices via CEC and IR.
Advanced Control Devices
To further improve services and help the integration process, we have developed and offer new Advanced Control smart TPS extenders and matrix routers including a wide range of control options including support for Cisco password login, CEC and IR controls.
100 available event slots in ’Plus’ extenders
Use Our Online Cisco Room Configuration Wizard
Step by Step
Our freely accessible online Cisco Room Configuration Wizard is easy to use and greatly helps the integration of Lightware devices by guiding users through the steps of creating the required configuration file for the selected devices and the room environment.
Smart Feature Set*:
- Basic capabilities without login.
- Custom labeled inputs on the Share tray.
- Light, Display, Projector, Screen Shades ON/OFF via TCP and serial communication or with GPIO and RELAY control.
|Cisco Webex Room Kit||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||1||2|
|Cisco Webex Room Kit Mini||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||1||1|
|Cisco Webex Room Kit Plus||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||3||2|
|Cisco Webex Room Kit Pro||CE 9.7.0||Always||6||3|
|Cisco Webex Room 55 Single||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||2||2|
|Cisco Webex Room 55 Dual||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||3||2|
|Cisco Webex Room 70||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||3||2|
|Cisco Webex Room 70 G2||CE 9.7.0||Always||3||2|
|Cisco TelePresence SX20||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||1||2|
|Cisco TelePresence SX80||CE 9.7.0||Selectable||5||3|
|Cisco TelePresence SX10||Not supported||Selectable||1||1|
|Cisco DX70||Not supported||Selectable||1||1|
|Cisco DX80||Not supported||Selectable||1||1|